Create A Break Room That Boosts Employee Morale
Your employees retreat to the employee break room to relax and get away from their workstations. Your break room needs to be inviting. It needs to be a place that your employees want to go to relax. After all, if they feel refreshed after their breaks, they'll perform better while working. So, boost employee morale by creating a space that your employees will really enjoy.
One of the easiest ways to show your employees that you care about them, is to provide them with free beverages and snacks. It's small gestures, like providing free coffee or soda, that show your employees how much you appreciate all of their hard work. Consider doing the following:
- Installing a soda fountain in your break room so that your employees have access to free soda all day. In order to install a fountain drink beverage center, you need to order the machine, cups, lids, straws, syrup, and a CO2 tank. While it sounds expensive, you can order the supplies you need, such as beverage-grade carbon dioxide tanks and syrup, in bulk to save money.
- Provide free coffee to employees to help them jump start their mornings. Simply place a few coffee pots, coffee cups, coffee, and sugar in each break room so that your employees can make their own coffee throughout the day.
- A well-stocked break room needs snacks. While it's okay to install a vending machine filled with snacks, stock the cabinets in your break room by purchasing snacks in bulk.
Furnish the Break Room
There are a few things that every break room needs, such as a microwave, refrigerator, tables, and chairs. However, you want to transform your break room into an inviting space, so you should consider
- Painting the walls in a bright, happy color
- Decorating the walls with inspirational or motivational artwork
- Providing comfortable seating
- Installing TVs
Employee Appreciation Events
Use your break room as the setting for employee appreciation events. If you have enough space, consider providing your employees with free lunch every Friday, or even once each month, to show your appreciation. You can also hold a potluck by having everyone bring in their favorite dishes to share. Set up your potluck area in the employee break room to make the food easy to access.
The employee break room is one of the most important parts of your work environment. In order to maximize employee production, your employees need to feel appreciated and refreshed after their breaks. Whether you decide to provide free coffee, order soda supplies, or install TVs in your break room, keep your employees' needs in mind when designing your morale-boosting break room and you can't go wrong. Talk to a supplier like Terry Supply Co to make your order.